Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Book Worm 3

 If you have ever read my blog before or know me well, you will know that I like books. A lot. So here is this year's update on my reading list and progress, today seemed like a good day as I bought four books at a charity shop for just £1.50 in total, (charity shops being another thing that I am crazy about).
 To help me log my progress in what I've read, and to help me achieve my reading goal each year I like to use Goodreads. You can use it via it's website, Facebook or even download the free app for your mobile phone, where you can even scan in the book's ISBN number to catalogue it. I set myself a goal of 10 books to read during 2013, I could read about 5 times more than that if I didn't have everything else keeping me busy, which really is a good thing, else I might forget who I am I would read that much!



1. Books read so far during 2013
The Virgin Suicides, Submarine, Coraline & Other Stories, The Beach, Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass.

 Both The Virgin Suicides and The Beach have made it onto my list of all time favourite books, along with Memoirs of a Geisha and Peter Pan. You should read these books as soon as you can!




2. Books being read/ waiting to be read. (I'm currently on The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring).



3. The books I bought today from the charity shop
Chi Gung (about Chinese healing & natural magic), The Lovely Bones (I really like the way the film was made, the era, colours and mise en scene. The characters are so believable and different, I really felt for them), Bridget Jone's Diary (I doubt many people who know me would think that I would want to read this, but I started reading it years ago and the book went missing!), and lastly a guide to Wild Flowers (I've been flower pressing a lot recently, and draw from them sometimes, and thought it'd be nice to have a way to know what they are all called).

 So yet another ambitious year of reading, and more books than I know what to do with, but I'm eager to plough through them and soak in every word and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment