Sunday, 10 July 2011

A Moomintroll Make-Over

When one resides in a small bedroom, it's important to make the most of the space available. More importantly; it is to do it with style. I was in need of some more room for books (more about this in another post later), bric-a-brac and objet d'art. I really wanted something to fit between the end of my bed and the wall, a very small space indeed. However- I have put together some makeshift shelf type units....


One of the units was an old school drawer that I gave a touch of magic to a few years ago for an art project, the smaller one next to it was just a plain wooden CD shelf I found in the attic, and that's what I have been working on today.

I wanted to try to get it made over within a day asI know all too often those of us with a creative obsession begin projects which never see an end, I think giving myself a deadline helped. It was dead easy; I photocopied lots of pages from a couple of my volumes on Moomin comic strips, spray mounted these all over the box, tea stained it (I would recommend tea staining before spray mounting), gave it a dry brush of gold paint, painted the narrow cross section black, then varnished, which gave it a nice sealed Finnish...Finnish get it? Because the Moomins are from Finland....


...never mind.


~Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment