Friday, 29 April 2011

Petals and Pumpkins

Well, I have been having a very enjoyable and busy Easter holiday! However- I haven't let it hinder me in terms of getting up to my arts and crafts. I've just finished this quick piece I did purely for the reason that I was in a good mood and thought it would be a smart idea to squeeze it out into some form of art. I used quite a lot of mixed media for this one; acrylic and water colour paints, pva glue, glitter, blossom, and a little photoshop to give it that nice glow.



On a completely different note- I have always dreamt of growing pumpkins...I don't know why but I seem to have a bit of a thing for those big, orange, swollen squashes. Lady Luck must have been smiling down on me last Friday, because my mom bought me a little 'grow your own pumpkins' kit from the new Wilkos in town- only 98p! They've already grown shockingly fast, so when they are an impressive size I'll update with some photos, hopefully of me straddling them if they get big enough.


~ Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment