Friday, 15 April 2011

Blogger's Virginity

I have given in, it was only a matter of time until the day came where I'd realise I couldn't supress my inner blogger anymore, and here it is; my first post in my blog. I have many reasons though, you may be enthralled to hear, for making said blog. I have looked back over the last 12 months or so and realised that I have had that which in my life so far, quite a successful year... And I intend to keep it that way!
Now obviously I don't mean success as in I've suddenly become Mrs Moneybanks, or and A lister, but none the less successful I have been. My mind has had moments where I've been manifested with depression, but with that comes the highs in between, and without wanting to get all hippy-new-age-chickpea-scoffy at you it's been a bit of a rough ride! But it has made me realise something that will not only be good for me but maybe, (I may be a little bit optimistic here), make for some entertaining- or even helpful reading for those that might come across my blog! I want to blog about all the good and exciting things that happen to me, which may include bits about the film course I am studying at university, my acting (or lack of it), photography/ arts/ crafts/ textiles/ writing, and those jolly little odd things that happen in between.
This year so far I have had not one- but TWO of my films shown at the 2011 London Screentest Film Festival. A proud feat for me, and many thanks to the crews behind me on them. Here's the link to my Youtube account should you wish to view any of my films.

www.youtube.com/user/CreepyfaceandGrumble

The two that got into the festival were; 'These Boots Were Made For Rolling'- a documentary I directed on roller derby in the UK, and 'The Dark Side Of Chocolate'- which I produced. I came up with the titles for both ;) Aswell as that little burst of hope for a bright future I've been acting in a friend's pilot episode for a kid's TV show he has written. It's currently still in the process of being made and so I'm keeping low key about it, but there is promissing interest, and I love my role. We've had a few days shooting so far, and I think we're meant to get the rest done after the Easter holidays. Hopefully more on this later. I think that's enough for now :)

~Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment